First thing: there is now a static page entirely dedicated to Spam Karma. Among other things, it will always contain the current version number as well as links to other relevant piece of information.
Now that we pretty much got Spam Karma 1.x nice and stable, it’s time to get ready for 2.0!
Below is what I have more or less already planned for it, please feel free to add your own wishes, desires and suggestions in the comments.
- Automatically clean-up captcha graphics (yea, long overdue).
- Move string and regex matching to SQL (gotta check if that one is really worth it, performance-wise).
- Log time and date for each deleted spam.
- Improve Digest presentation (colors, formatting, perhaps some css trickery to hide details by default).
- Provide “restore deleted comment” feature.
- Send realtime blacklist updates back to a central server.
- Implement some sort of P2P update protocol for the blacklist (huh, that one might be for 3.0)
- Run check for open-proxy servers on suspicious IPs.
- Option to appear on the central Spam Karma High Score website.
- Flash implementation of Space Invaders where you can destroy little spams falling from the sky (just kidding… or am I?).
- Majorly kick spammer’s ass (ban IP etc) if comment is on a non-existing entry ID (should have been done long ago, but I didn’t realize WP 1.2.1 still didn’t fix that exploit).
- Parse suspected Spam URL target page and look for spam words.
- Check user-agent (with a new category in the blacklist table).
- Parse href title and content and check for blacklist matches.
Ok, what else?